On this topic, you will learn how to create a bootable USB for any operating system such as windows 10, windows 11, Linux, Ubuntu or any operating system in android mobile without root. This method can be used to boot the corrupted laptop or desktop into Advanced Recovery Environment menu in a way to fix the boot issues like blue screen or black screen errors.
Also the bootable USB can be used to get files off a computer that won’t turn on by sending files into an external Hard drive or USB, to repair windows startup and boot loop issues, or to change startup behavior in order to boot into Safe mode.
If you need a bootable USB to install a fresh copy of windows, read this topic.
First part: Download the required files and apps:
(ISO file of windows or another operating system and the EtchDroid mobile app):
1. Download Windows 10 ISO file from official Microsoft website into your android phone from this link, or copy it from hard drive if available. If you need create create ubuntu bootable USB from android, download Ubuntu ISO file from this link, to Linux from this link.
2. Download and install EtchDroid apk app from this link. It’s a safe and free app, and doesn’t need root access.
Second part: Flashing the ISO file into a USB pen drive:
- Plug-in a USB Flash drive into your mobile.
- Open EtchDroid app.
- Press on “Write raw or ISO” option.
- 4Navigate to the location of the ISO file in your mobile and load it into the app.
- Press on this number and allow access for the app.
- Click on this arrow
- Read the warning message carefully then click on “FLASH IMAGE” option to start flashing of windows 10 ISO image to the USB flash drive.
- Finally, plug in the USB into your computer and boot from it.
- Your mobile should be supporting a USB on the Go (USB OTG) property.
- The storage capacity of USB pen drive should be 8 Gigabytes or more.
- You should take a backup copy for your files in the USB pendrive before this operation, because all data will be lost permanently.
- After the completion of flashing process, the USB drive will become unusable to copy files to it or to explore files inside it, whether on the computer or in the mobile until you re-format it.
- Unlike Linux and other operating systems, windows can’t be installed from the USB using this method, and it will work only a windows installation media to boot your computer into windows Recovery Menu, in order to fix boot issues or to troubleshoot any problem in offline mode.
- The bootable USB created by EtchDroid app works only in computers that has GPT disk scheme with UEFI boot mode, and will not work in MBR with Legacy boot mode.
- There are other apps that can be used to create a bootable USB drive such as ISO 2 USB app and DriveDroid app.
- The “ISO 2 USB no root” app can be used to flash the whole ISO image to troubleshoot startup problems or to install windows from it, but if the size of ISO file is large, you will need extra steps and trick in order to create a working Bootable USB for windows installation. Read this topic to see how to use this app. Or open this link to learn how to create a bootable USB using Rufus tool in computer.
- The DriveDroid app needs root permission, which is not available in many recent android phone, however, this app will be a good choice if you don’t have a USB drive, because it will use the mobile memory as the source for the boot image.
- Also, it’s worth noting that the DriveDroid app use prebuilds custom images for different operating systems such as windows, Linux, ubuntu and many more, which are smaller in size than the ISO file of the whole operating system.
That’s a tutorial in how to make bootable USB from android without PC and without root. So, if you need more details, you can watch the imbedded video below, or add your question and we will help you.
Watch this video for more details in how to create a bootable USB of Windows in unrooted mobile: