On this topic, I will show you a complete guide in how to download & install windows 11 in any computer using USB pen drive including unsupported computers.
If your computer doesn’t meet one or more requirements for windows 11 operating system, such as Trusted Platform Module (TPM) or UEFI boot mode with secure boot, then this video will show you how to bypass the restriction by replacing one file during installation steps.
In supported PCs, installation steps are the same, but without replacement step. Also, in supported PCs, you may need to prepare your computer for windows 11 as instructed in this topic.
FIRST PART: HOW TO DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 11 ISO FILE FROM OFFICIAL MICROSOFT WEBSITE:
- 1.a. Open this website
- 1.b. Search for Windows 11
- 1.c. Select the recent update from the list based on your Processor type
- 1.d. To know the type of your processor, do the followings:
- 1.d.1. Type SYSINFO into search box and open “System Information” tool
- 1.d.2. If you have Intel or AMD Processor, download AMD file, and if you have ARM processor, download ARM file.
- 1.e. Select the applicable language according to your default UI language, because you will fail to keep all your apps and settings during upgrade process if you have downloaded windows in different language.
- 1.f. Open Command prompt as Administrator and execute this command to know the Default system UI language:
- DISM /ONLINE /GET-INTL
- 1.g. If you want to do a clean update or clean installation, you can select any language.
- 1.h. Click Next to continue
- 1.i. Select the applicable edition according to installed edition in your computer, or select all of them if you want. But the download size will be large if you select more than one edition.
- 1.j. Click next to continue
- 1.k. Select “Download” and “convert to ISO” options if not selected
- 1.l. From Conversion option, select any option if you want, otherwise, click on “Create Download package”.
- 1.m. Extract package to any partition with enough free space. The free disk space should be at least of double size of the downloaded ISO file.
- 1.n. Navigate to the extracted folder
- 1.o. Double click on uup_download_windows.cmd script to start downloading of windows 11 files.
- This CMD script will download all required files, convert them to suitable extensions and then create the ISO file of windows automatically. If the process failed, open script again to resume download from where it was stopped.
- 1.p. Downloading files using this script takes longer time, so you can download the required files faster as followings:
- 1.p.1. Back to windows 11 downloading page and click on “Browse the file list”
- 1.p.2. Select all links
- 1.p.3. Right click on the highlighted links and select, Download selected links with IDM
- 1.p.4. Click on “Check all” icon to select all files
- 1.p.5. Select “All files to one directory” option to save all files into extracted folder.
- 1.p.6. Type the path manually or click on “Browse” icon to select the downloading folder.
- 1.p.7. Select Queue # 3 then click Ok to start download.
- 1.p.8. Open the downloading folder
- 1.p.9. Back to uupdump website and copy “Files renaming” script
- 1.p.10. Create new text file inside downloading folder and open it
- 1.p.11. Paste the renaming script and save the text file
- 1.p.12. Close the text file and change its extension or file type to CMD
- 1.p.13. If the extension is not shown, click on “View” tab n file explorer and enable “File name extensions” option.
- 1.p.14. Double click the renaming script to rename all files
- 1.p.15. Copy or move all files to UUPs folder
- 1.p.16. Back to main directory and double click uup_download_windows.cmd script to start it
- The CMD script will validate downloaded files inside UUPs folder and replace the corrupted files, after that it will create the ISO file on the main directory of the extracted folder.
SECOND PART: HOW TO CREATE A BOOTABLE USB OF WINDOWS 11:
- 2.a. Download a portable version of Rufus tool from this link.
- 2.b. Open the tool and connect an empty USB pendrive to your computer
- 2.c. The Rufus tool will load the USB automatically
- 2.d. Click on Select icon to load the ISO file
- 2.f. Change partition scheme according to your BIOS mode, i.e. if your BIOS mode is UEFI, select GPT option, and if your BIOS mode is Legacy, select MBR option.
- 2.g. Add any label for the USB if you want, otherwise, click on “Start” icon to start flashing process.
- 2.h. Now, download Win32ui.dll file from this link and copy it to main directory of the USB pendrive. This file will help you to install windows 11 in unsupported computers. But in supported computers, you don’t need it.
THIRD PART: HOW TO BOOT FROM THE USB PENDRIVE:
- 3.a. Power off the computer completely.
- 3.b. Connect the USB pendrive to your computer.
- 3.c. Power on the computer and repeatedly press F12 or the corresponding key from the following list to open boot menu.
- This is the list of hot keys that can be used to open Boot menu:
- • Acer: F12, F9 or Esc.
• Asus: Esc. or F8
• Compaq: F9 or Esc.
• Dell: F12
• Fujitsu: F12
• Hp: Esc. or F9
• Lenovo: F12, F8, F10, Novo Button or Fn+F11
• MSI: F11
• Razer Blade: F12
• Samsung: F12 or F2
• Sony: Assist Button, Esc or F11
• Toshiba: F12
- • Acer: F12, F9 or Esc.
- 3.d. Select the USB drive from Boot list and hit enter.
- 3.e. Select the English as the input keyboard language and then click Next.
- 3.f. Click on “Install Now” icon to proceed to windows installation wizard.
- If you are unable to boot from the USB or if you have a UEFI boot mode, you will need to Disable the Secure boot and to Enable USB boot from BIOS settings. See this topic for more details.
FOURTH PART: INSTALLATION STEPS, INCLUDING DISK FORMATTING, PARTITIONING AND CLEANUP:
- 4.a. Click on “Install Now” option.
- 4.b. If you have an activation key, type it into the box then click next, otherwise, click I don’t have a product key to continue.
- 4.c. If you have downloaded more than one edition, then you have to select the desired edition from the list, then click Next to continue.
- 4.d. If your computer doesn’t support Windows 11, you have to replace Win32ui.dll file in the X partition as followings:
- 4.d.1. Press shift+F12 to open CMD
- 4.d.2. Type DISKPART and press Enter
- 4.d.3. Type LIST VOL and press enter to show the list of volumes
- 4.d.4. Determine the letter of the USB pendrive
- 4.d.5. In my case, the E is the USB drive
- 4.d.6. Type EXIT and press Enter to close DISKPART
- 4.d.7. Execute this command to rename Win32ui.dll file:
- REN X:\SOURCES\WIN32UI.DLL WIN32UI.DLL.OLD
- 4.d.8. Copy the Win32ui.dll from the USB to “Sources” folder in the X partition using this command:
- XCOPY E:\WIN32UI.DLL X:\SOURCES\
- 4.d.9. Close Command prompt and error message of installation window
- 4.d.10. Click “Install Now” again to start windows installation
- 4.e. Check I accept the Microsoft Software license terms then click on Next icon to continue.
- 4.f. Select Custom option to install a fresh copy of windows.
- 4.g. Select the partition that your old windows operating system is installed on, to avoid formatting a wrong partition that may contains your important data.
- 4.g.1. You can determine the windows partition by its total and or free size based on your previous usage for the PC, which usually takes the C letter.
- 4.g.2. Or Press Shift + F10 keys from keyboard to Open the command prompt
- 4.g.3. Type “NOTEPAD” and hit Enter.
- 4.g.4. From Notepad interface, click on “File” panel and select “Open” option.
- 4.g.5. Click on ‘This PC” icon to show your partitions
- 4.g.6. Open the partitions one by one to see which one is the windows partition. Windows partition will contain Users folder, and inside the user’s folder, you will find a folder with the name of your user profile.
- 4.g.7. Determine the total and free size of your windows partition.
- Also, you can move your important files and folders from the old windows partition to another partition or to external drive using Notepad, because all data on the windows partition will be lost if you select to format windows partition.
- 4.g.8. Close the notepad and command prompt.
- 4.h. Click on Format or delete options to format the Windows partition. This step will delete all data on the Windows partition permanently, but the data on other partitions will not be lost. If you clicked on Delete option, you have to create the partition again by clicking on New option, then click on Apply icon.
- 4.i. If your disk is not divided, you can divide it into 2 or more partitions as followings:
- – Select the partition and click on Delete option
- – The name of the partition will turn to Unallocated Space after clicking on Delete option.
- – Select the Unallocated Space and click on New option
- – Type the desired size for the first new partition in megabytes and click on Apply icon.
- – Select the Unallocated Space again and click on New option
- – Type the desired size for the second new partition if you need to create more than 2 partitions, otherwise, click on Apply icon without changing the size.
- 4.j. Now select the Windows partition and click on Next icon to start installation processes of windows.
- The installation processes will take about 20 minutes, but for your convenience, we have cut unnecessary parts of the video to make it short as possible.
- 4.k. Choose your region and click Yes to continue.
- 4.l. Choose the desired keyboard and click Yes to continue.
- 4.m. Add a second keyboard layout of you want, otherwise click Skip option to continue.
- 4.n. Connect the ethernet source if you have an active internet connection, otherwise, click on “I don’t have internet”.
- 4.o. Select “Continue with limited setup” to continue
- 4.p. Type a name for your profile on the PC and click on Next to continue
- 4.q. Add a login password if you want, otherwise, click on Next to continue
- 4.r. Change any of the privacy settings if you want, otherwise, click on Accept option to continue
- 4.s. Click on “Yes” if you have an active internet connection and Microsoft account, otherwise, click on No option to continue
- 4.t. Click on Accept to enable Cortana assistant
- Now we are done, and the windows is ready to use.
HOW TO SHOW THE NEW PARTITION IF YOU HAVE CREATED A NEW ONE:
- If the second partition not shown in your PC, you can show it as followings:
- Right-click on the Start icon and select Disk management option.
- Right-click the new partition and select Change Drive Letter and Path.
- Click on Add option.
- Select any letter and Click Ok.
- As you Will see, the new partition is shown now.
For more information in how to install windows 11 from the USB pendrive, watch this video: